Senior Structural Engineer / Associate Designate – Waterford
We are currently seeking a Senior Structural Engineer with strong analytical skills for our Waterford office to work on a range of commercial, institutional and industrial projects in Ireland. This is an ideal role for a high calibre Engineer with strong experience in the delivery of projects and with the ambition and potential to develop into a member of the senior management team, contributing to the effective management of the Company including participation in the planning and execution of its strategy with an opportunity to become an Associate Director following achieving agreed targets.
The role will involve client relationship management with the retention of existing business and the generation of new business as high priorities.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
• Implement Company policy.
• Plan and manage project resources.
• Undertake career planning and arrange for effective mentoring and training of employees under your direction.
• Offer pro-active advice in relation to problem solving issues.
• Oversee compliance with Company’s Quality Management System.
• Oversee compliance with Health and Safety practices by those under your direction.
• Work closely with the Directors to help realise the Company’s business plan.
• Manage client relationships and business development – you will be expected to increasingly expand knowledge on clients, markets and project opportunities to develop existing client relationships and establish new relationships.
• Assist with the development of marketing strategies to promote Malone O’Regan to prospective clients, identify new leads and convert them into projects.
• Develop fee proposals and contract reviews and approval of same.
• Client liaison.
• Undertake project cost control, oversee project cost control by team members and compile project invoices.
• Negotiating fee variations with Clients and supervising of same.
• Lead and promote design excellence within the business.
• Delivery of sustainable and profitable engineering solutions, and securing repeat business through client satisfaction.
• Confidently run multiple projects at various stages and project values with limited Director involvement.
• Adopt appropriate design philosophy and develop concept design.
• Prepare and review designs and design documentation.
Key Qualifications & Skills
• Have a Level 8 / 9 Degree in either Civil or Structural Engineering.
• Be Chartered and preferably be a member of the Institution of Structural Engineers.
• Have a minimum of 12 years’ postgraduate experience, preferably in consulting role(s). Experience on Architect-led projects.
• Possess good technical, communication and management skills.
• Possess commercial astuteness, in terms of understanding and managing project budgets.
• Have the ability to prepare high-quality project reports, chair and prepare meeting minutes.
• Be committed to CPD.
Remuneration package that will be commensurate with experience and reflective of position.
Please apply your CV with cover letter to Brian Mackey at: firstname.lastname@example.org