Senior Mechanical Engineers – Dublin/Waterford
This excellent opportunity will suit an ambitious and high calibre Mechanical Engineer with strong experience in the design and project management of food & beverage or pharmaceutical projects (or similar e.g. healthcare) to join the practice in a time of growth. It is expected that this candidate would have the ambition to lead the Mechanical Design Team within the Building Services Division in the future.
The overarching requirement of the role is to provide key engineering design and project management expertise to ensure the optimum delivery of Client projects.
- Providing engineering designs to ensure the optimum delivery of Clients’ projects.
- Using your experience in the design of HVAC, Water Services, Heating and Chilled Water Systems and Gas Systems.
- Involvement in all stages of the project lifecycle, from inception and design through to testing, commissioning and handover.
- Mentoring of junior and intermediate level Engineers and Technicians.
Key qualifications & skills
This role requires an outgoing and confident professional who combines effective interpersonal skills with technical excellence and strong IT capability. The ideal candidate must:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering.
- Be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Have a minimum of 10 years’ experience with a proven track record in a design environment, familiar with the design of the following – HVAC, Water Services, Heating and Chilled Water Systems and Gas Systems.
- Have a proven track record of seeing conceptual designs through to completion and dealing directly with clients.
- Be confident with an approachable style and a track record as a target driven self-starter and achiever with the ability to get the job right first time.
- Possess excellent report writing skills and experience of making presentations and attending meetings with clients essential.
- Possess the ability to lead a multidisciplinary team and assist others in developing solutions and completing detail design.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and a consistent track record of initiative and achievement, with the ability to represent the Company at business presentations.
- Be committed to CPD
- Remuneration package that will be commensurate with experience.
- Employer contribution to Company pension scheme
- Flexibility on working hours
- Hybrid working arrangements for competent target driven self-starters
- Bike-to-work scheme
- Active participation on CPD activities, including both in house and external training with opportunity to advance and study engineering at third level supported by the practice
Please email your CV with cover letter to Brian Mackey/Noel Dillon: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org