Senior Resident Civil & Structural Engineer (Site Based -Backweston, Co. Kildare)
Malone O’Regan have an immediate requirement for a Senior Resident Engineer for a data centre project in Backweston, Co. Kildare. The development will consist of the construction of a Data Centre building described as follows:
- The building is c.5,474 Sqm with an additional c.2,826 Sqm in external plant area and is made up of three distinct parts.
- The central two storey block has a mono-pitch roof structure the ridge height of which is c.15.15m and it accommodates the ground floor and first floor data halls and associated plant and equipment rooms.
- The front block has a flat roof structure with a parapet and is two storey with a parapet height of c.10.60 m and it accommodates the entrance reception, offices, meeting room, associated support areas, tea station, w.c’s, stores, plant areas including 2 no. substations (3MV).
- The third block is located to the rear of the main data hall block and consists mainly of an external two storey plant space with external stairways with intermediate level gangways. The two storey external plant area is screened (c.10.6m) by a metal mesh structure. There are also two, two-storey flat roof internal plant rooms connecting to the central block.
- The provision of a perimeter service road/ green road around the building to allow for access and maintenance of equipment to the front and rear of the block. The provision of a perimeter fence and access gates, hard and soft landscaping, signage and all associated site works.
Associated Works will include but limited to the following:-
- Site Services including ducting for all Mechanical and Electrical site services and utilities such as security and lighting.
- On site foul drainage connecting into the existing Campus foul drainage system and surface water connecting to an existing attenuation system, mains water and fire fighting mains.
- Site development works including vehicular and pedestrian access, landscaping, security fence and gates.
The completion of the project will be delivered over two phases as follows:-
- Phase 1: The building, all associated site works and the M&E fit out for one Data Hall will be completed and handed over in Phase 1.
- Phase 2: The M&E fit out and completion of the second Data Hall will be completed and handed over 12 months after the handover of Phase 1.
- This means that Phase 2 will be carried out within a live building.
Responsibilities Reporting to a project Director your main duties will include:
- Supervision and input to the administration of a construction contract (Public Works Contract for Building Works designed by the Employer).
- Ensuring that the works are constructed in accordance with the works requirements and any statutory approvals.
- Monitoring and reporting on the progress of the works against Programme;
- Attending site progress meetings.
- Evaluate the extent of works completed on a monthly basis to allow preparation of payment certificates by the Project Manager.
- Reviewing Contractor Method statements / Inspection & Test Plans and ensuring that the works are being carried out in accordance with the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Regulations with the support of the Health and Safety Co-ordinator.
- Maintaining contemporaneous records of site activities in the site diary.
- Liaison with office-based engineering team.
- Liaison with Office of Public Works.
- Assist Project Manager with input into the commercial administration of the contract.
- Review of as-constructed details provided by the Contractor.
Candidate Requirements The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Eligibility to work legally and permanently in Ireland.
- Hold a degree (level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications), or equivalent professional qualification, in engineering.
- At least 10 years’ post graduate relevant involving the supervising Major Building Works
- Relevant site experience in Ireland or UK .
- Competence in the administration of construction contracts – experience of the IEI contracts would be advantageous
- Working knowledge and awareness of Health & Safety legislation and regulations
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), decision making team working skills and analytical skills
- Motivated to achieve the highest possible quality
- Excellent IT skills and familiar with computer applications such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, and AutoCAD
Salary and Conditions A competitive salary package will be available to the successful Candidate. Contract Duration 18 months with the possibility of follow-on contracts. Malone O’Regan is an equal opportunities employer. Malone O’Regan is an accredited employer under the Engineers Ireland Continuing Professional Development programme which ensures that all technical staff continue to develop their technical and professional skills throughout their career within a structured framework based on personal and corporate objectives. Please email your CV with cover letter to Eugene Kelly – email@example.com